With the first presentation of our concept to our lecturers done we are now on the second stage of development of candlelight. With that comes the need to start producing assets for our art bible. Below is the reference sheet and early concepts for the bookshelves and ladders, along with some thumbnail sketches of how they may be seen in the game itself, that I have now passed on to the 3D environmental artist for modeling.
Below are the first attempts at designing the bookshelves based on the 3D mockup I did earlier. I decided to move away from this complex look, to something simpler that would work better with our setting and the poly limitations of our project.