I’ve started modelling the final Owl Spirit today. There are some difficulties, as expected, with adjusting from blender to maya, I predict I may need to retopologize the first body attempt despite the model being low-poly(though with the quad draw tool that shouldn’t take up too much time) due to me still getting use to the software.
The way I imagine this models workflow to go is, base model in Maya, decoration, textures and overall shape tweaks in Blender and then final rigging in Maya.
I would rather do everything in Maya, for the sake of learning the software better, but because this model is very texture intensive, and I don’t know enough about texturing in Maya for it to be feasible, i’ve decided to use Blender as well for now but will be researching Maya alternatives when I have time so future models can have a more consistent workflow.
Total Time: 30mins